Hours

M/T/ W 10-4pm
Thursday 10-7.30pm
F/S 10-4pm
Sunday by appt only

We are a full service knitting and beading store. We carry a wonderful array of fine yarns, knitting needles including addi turbo, knitting accessories and books. Our beads include Swarovski crystal and semi precious gemstones along with tools , findings and accessories to fit all your beading needs.

Thursday, December 10, 2009

Holiday YO YO YO

You are either a Holiday knitter or not. Not many people fall in between.
Many knitters are at some point a 'Holiday' knitter and toil feverishly for months and late into the night only to get a 'Meh, I don’t really wear hats' or 'I’m so sorry I have a wool allergy" (serious cop out BTW, most people who think they have a wool allergy do not, but that shall be left for another day). This can lead to all sorts of knee jerk reactions. I say it’s just a learning process, learning who you should and should not knit for. You’ll figure it out and dwindle down that list.

On the other end of the spectrum we were told by a customer recently that a relative said ' I know you don’t have much money this year, so why don’t you just knit me something' ………Pause…..deep breath. Non-knitters don’t understand and I feel badly for them ; )

Enjoy your holiday knitting and remember the joy it is giving you to produce beautiful gifts that are jam packed full of love. Ho, ho  Yarnnnnn Ho!

2 comments:

  1. Looks great Betsy! I love the way the window looks! I can't wait to see it tonight! Offering classes on Sunday??!! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm definitely not a holiday knitter, for exactly those reasons. The list of people who I'll knit for is very short :)

    ReplyDelete